#MotivationMonday: Get the Momentum going
Mondays, a reminder that the week has just begun, the weekend is over, and 5 more days until it returns.
“It's 5 o'clock somewhere" - every overwhelmed adult, in need of a break.”
So for those who socially drink this quote is very familiar; those who don't I'm about to bring some things into perspective. Traditionally Happy Hour starts at 5pm and lasts for a couple hours at restaurants and bars. Happy Hour even has its own menu, with discounted appetizers and selected alcoholic drinks. In some places you will find that Happy Hour starts as early as 4pm! As an educator, I have my theories... this is just about the time elementary and middle school teachers get off of work, coincidence? Maybe, this is just speculation. It wasn't until I entered the field of education that I understood the 'hype'.
Gather some of your good friends, chose a restaurant/bar
Drink responsibly *be sure to drink water (stay hydrated) and know your limits
Fellowship, share good memories of the day/week
Laugh til you cry, you'll leave feeling like you did a hundred sit ups.
Re-purposing Happy Hour
Not everyone enjoys an alcoholic beverage, so for this reason I've created tips on 're-purposing' happy hour.
- Gather some like minded friends and chose a restaurant or possibly meet at someone's home (this can be done virtually)
- Order your favorite appetizer or meal (if meeting at someone's house have a potluck) (if virtual prepare your favorite snack)
- There's something about music that adds to a good atmosphere so turn up
- Share good memories about the day, and create new memories (the kind that last a lifetime)
- Laugh... you guessed it, til it hurts. Laughter is good for the soul.
- Bring some games... Uno, Jenga, Pictionary, Taboo (games where you act things out and your teammates have to guess what your doing always bring a good laugh.)
- Remember the goal is to fellowship with others and take your mind off of the stress from the day/week.
I am a social butterfly, so I tend to go places by myself and wherever I go I meet someone new and exchange social media. #HappyHour is about letting your hair down and enjoying yourself. So whether you go it alone or with a group of friends, set the intention of having a #GoodTime